12.19.2013

TGIFF


My husband has been asking for a quilt for some time now. Every time I have one completed I end up selling it or giving it away so, with my sister reminding me almost daily, I finally finished a quilt just for him!! 



He is a big OSU fan so I decided to go with a quilt that, to me, looks like the block O.  I went with flannel but I'm hoping it won't be too hot for him.

I have made quilts with flannel backing before but never a quilt that was all flannel. I have to say my machine bogged down quite a bit on the binding and the quilt was pretty heavy to handle while quilting. Although The binding was a bear I like the way it turned out.

I also found that I'm not good with plaid... I tried several times to match it up and as you can see in this pic I didn't quite get it to match.


Quilt measures 58 by 74 inches.
A variety of flannels were used and Quilters Dream Batting was used as always. Aurifil 50wt thread was used for piecing as well as quilting. I chose to stitch in the ditch for this quilt. I also echoed some of the red plaid. This quilt is based on the pattern The Couch Quilt by Country Threads... I just modified it a bit.

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish! Thank you for hosting this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cozy! Love the plaid -- it gives it great movement. I think your husband will love it! Thanks for hosting, Vickey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Thanks for allowing me to host!

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Forget matching the plaids - nobody would notice who hasn't had it pointed out to them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilt - I have one slated for the hubs this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and pretty. I like that color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic finish! Plaid is so striking and I love the design you used for it. I'm sure your hubby will love his special quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 'O' design is such a perfect choice! Wipgirl is right about the plaid! I would not have noticed. It looks great and adds a lot of movement to the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice dude friendly quilt. I think the flannel sound cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat quilt for your hubby! It will be great to snuggle under on those cold winter nights. Or better yet at one of his favorite games! OSU :) The colors are Ohio State University. Is that hubby's favorite team? I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes.. Its the only team he watches!!

      Delete
  10. that looks great. I bet he loves it. thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous quilt I am sure it will be so cosy in the winter months. Many thanks for hosting the linky party. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  12. I have a new son-in-law that's a HUGE Ohio State fan (even tho he's from Michigan) ~ he'd love a quilt like this. Guess I'll have to put that on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Is that legal? I bet his Michigan raised friends aren't happy!! Its super easy! n be completely started and finished in a day or two. Thanks for stopping in!!

      Delete
  13. A great quick project, it turned out great! Lucky hubbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Thanks you for stopping in!

      Delete