I am excited to announce a new challenge!! For those of you who do not know I am part of the do good stitches group's humility circle and each month we send quilts to the Pine Ridge Reservation. I have teamed up with a guidance counselor from the school out there to hand out handmade pillowcases to children in elementary through high school. Many of us can't send an entire quilt so here is a simpler way to help out and brighten someone's day. For each pillowcase you send post a picture on IG and tag #pillowsforpineridge I will be giving out random gifts such as small FQB's, rotary cutters, and other sewing notions and other gifts. Please mail your pillowcases to:
Red Cloud Indian School
Attention Nakina Mills
100 Mission Drive
Pine Ridge, South Dakota 57770
Feel free to spread the word!!
We have teamed up to bring you a goodie package definitely worth getting in on!
- 5 fat quarters of Wee Wander by Sarah Jane Studios (courtesy of Vickey at Gingersnaps Fabric Boutique)
- 1 Zip pouch (courtesy of myself at Small Town Thread)
- and 4 rolls of washi tape, because who doesn’t love washi tape?!
1. Follow both Vickey (@gingersnapsquilts) and Sandra (@sandra_smith) and leave a comment on the giveaway picture letting us know!
If you don’t already follow us on Facebook, now’s a good time- it will keep you updated on new fabrics and giveaways. *** Vickey and *** Sandra.
2. Repost the giveaway picture on Instagram tagging both of us, and adding in the hashtag #STTBdayGiveaway
He is a big OSU fan so I decided to go with a quilt that, to me, looks like the block O. I went with flannel but I'm hoping it won't be too hot for him.
A variety of flannels were used and Quilters Dream Batting was used as always. Aurifil 50wt thread was used for piecing as well as quilting. I chose to stitch in the ditch for this quilt. I also echoed some of the red plaid. This quilt is based on the pattern The Couch Quilt by Country Threads... I just modified it a bit.